Annual Meeting: What is a Proxy?
Posted on Oct 1st, 2019
- A proxy is not an absentee ballot. When you give your proxy to someone else, you are turning over your vote to them and your vote will be cast for the same candidates selected on their ballot.
- Each household is allowed one vote per address. If you fill out a proxy and later decide to attend the meeting, your proxy will be discarded and you will vote with a regular ballot.
- Renters do not vote either by attendance (ballot) or by proxy.
- You must be a resident in good standing with the HOA.
- If you don’t have someone to give your signed proxy to, you may return your signed proxy to the HOA Office and it will be delivered to the Secretary of the Association, as per the Bylaws.