Diving Board Rules
Chimney Springs Diving Board Rules (3/2015)
1. All divers must be able to swim the width of the pool unassisted before jumping or diving off these diving boards.
2. No swimming allowed in the diving area.
3. No person is allowed in the deep end while a diver is going off the board.
4. No person is allowed to be in the water to catch or assist a diver.
5. Only one person on the board at a time.
6. No double bounces. One bounce only.
7. Divers must dive out and forward only, not to the sides.
8. The diver must swim directly to the nearest ladder and exit the deep end.
9. No other diver may use the board until the previous individual has reached the ladder.
10. No handstands or sitting on the board.
11. No horseplay.
12. No floatation devices or other items in the diving area or on the diver.
13. Spectators may not dive in from the side.
14. No running off the diving board.
15. No long or deep dives that may result in hitting any part of the pool bottom or side.
THESE RULES ARE INTENDED TO ALLOW MAXIMUM ENJOYMENT OF THE POOL BY CHIMNEY SPRINGS RESIDENTS AND THEIR GUESTS. TO ENSURE THIS GOAL, LIFEGUARDS SHALL HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO ENFORCE THE ABOVE RULES AND ANY OTHER POOL-REGULATED GUIDELINES, AS THEY DEEM APPROPRIATE.
FOR EVERYONE’S SAFETY. PLEASE, NO CLIMBING OR WALKING ON THE WALLS AND FENCES THAT SURROUND THE POOL AREA.